Best Laptops For Streaming Videos: People use laptops on different bases which are based on their requirements. When we look into laptops for the purpose of editing videos the features and the applications will be different. Some of the laptops are specially designed for editing videos so that you tuber, vloggers, and film editors can get a better experience. So Choosing the right product with the best equipment also matters in the performance of your work. Based on the technology you are using your project work will be determined.
If you choose the best editing laptop then the time you spent on editing images and in graphics will be decreased. And the thing is choosing the best laptop for video editing is also a difficult job. Because you also have to look at the processor speed and best amount of RAM. So that they will be capable of editing the videos of large files.
For laptops, video editing is the most penalizing task so that we can imagine how hard the task will be for a laptop. So for easy search on the best laptop for editing videos here is the list to make it easy. For editing videos on a laptop, it should have some of the basic requirements. So before going to the list of best laptops for video editing let us look into the requirements.
Best Laptops For Streaming Videos
1. Lenovo Yoga C740-15.6″ FHD Touch
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home I Screen Size: 15.6 inches
- System Memory (RAM): 12GB I Solid State Drive Capacity: 256GB
- Processor: 1.6 gigahertz Intel 10th Generation Core i5-10210U
- Graphics : Intel UHD Graphics 620 I Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (Full HD)
- Basic software package included: 30-days trial of Microsoft Office
Our 2nd pick is a great option from Lenovo’s Yoga line, these laptops are great for video streaming for a few reasons but the USP of the Yoga is its keyboard’s ability to fold back behind the screen.
This gives you an uninterrupted view of the screen and removes the chance you’ll accidentally tap pause or ESC during the climax of your favorite show.
You might be thinking ‘but how do I control the laptop with the keyboard and trackpad folded behind it?’ Lenovo thought about that and made the monitor a touchscreen. So you can skip the intro on Netflix as you would on your phone or tablet, just tap it.
2. HP Pavilion X360
- Four versatile modes: easily convert from laptop mode to tablet, stand or tent mode for notetaking, drawing and other daily activities that feel as natural as pen on paper
- Create, connect and share: the streamlined, premium metal design Delivers a thin and light PC with great durability for long days spent working and creating whatever you're into
- Benefit from dual storage configuration: speed things up and store more of what you love with included solid-state drive for the operating system and a traditional hard drive to get all the benefits Boot up times, snappy responsiveness, and larger storage capacity
- Fast Processor: intel(r) core(tm) i5-8265u, quad-core, 1.6 GHz up to 3.9 GHz
- Display: 14-inch diagonal FHD IPS bright View micro-edge WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass display (1920 x 1080)
- Memory: 8 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (not upgradable). Alexa built-in
- Storage: 1 TB 5400 RPM SATA hard drive & 128 GB M.2 Solid State Drive
- Battery life: up to 8 hours and 15 minutes (mixed usage), up to 7 hours and 30 minutes (video playback), up to 6 hours (wireless streaming)
- Ultrathin and light (unpackaged): 12.73 Inches (W) x 8.82 Inches (D) x 0.80 Inches (H); 3.52 pounds
- Operating System and Warranty: Windows 10 Home and 1-Year Limited hardware warranty with 24-hour, 7 days a week Web support
HP Pavilion is not just a top seller on Amazon.com, we personally recommend this as well. This is a very reasonably priced laptop. For some, this would be considered a budget laptop, whereas others may consider this a mid range machine. The bottom line here is that this is an affordable laptop that offers highly coveted features in a laptop.
For starters, this is a convertible laptop. Therefore, not only does it have a touch screen, its screen rotates 360 degrees to become a tablet. While a feature like that isn’t too useful on a large 15.6″ screen, it still gives you all the bragging rights.
All in all, if you are looking for an all rounder laptop that offers a good value for its design and hardware components, then this is one of the best laptops for streaming videos online.
3. New Apple MacBook Pro
- Apple-designed M1 chip for a giant leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- Get more done with up to 20 hours of battery life, the longest ever in a Mac
- 8-core CPU delivers up to 2.8x faster performance to fly through workflows quicker than ever
- 8-core GPU with up to 5x faster graphics for graphics-intensive apps and games
- 16-core Neural Engine for advanced machine learning
- 8GB of unified memory so everything you do is fast and fluid
- Superfast SSD storage launches apps and opens files in an instant
- Active cooling system sustains incredible performance
- 13.3-inch Retina display with 500 nits of brightness for vibrant colors and incredible image detail
- FaceTime HD camera with advanced image signal processor for clearer, sharper video calls
The new and improved Apple MacBook Pro comes with a sophisticated Apple T2 security chip that keeps the system secure. The sophistication extends to the powerful processor, graphic unit, and display. The MacBook Pro offers a stellar entertainment experience backed by smooth power-packed performance.
A six-core Intel Core i7 9th Gen processor with a clock speed of 2.6GHz is the MacBook Pro’s core strength. The AMD Radeon Pro 5300M Graphics managed by Intel UHD Graphic 630 Processor plays a vital role in bringing the powerhouse to life. High definition videos or complex media editing or design software; the MacBook is capable of handling it.
4. Acer Aspire E 15
- 8th Generation Intel Core i3 8130U Processor 2.2 GHz (Up to 3.2GHz)
- 15.6 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED lit Display
- 6GB Dual Channel Memory, 1TB HDD and 8x DVD
- Up to 13.5 Hours of battery life
- Windows 10 Home. Operating System Architecture 64-bit
- TIP: try a battery pin-hole reset procedure, a different AC adapter, or pressing the key combination FN + F6 to make sure the system is outputting the video to the notebook's internal display
So far, we have only discussed Chromebooks and we know that the readers might be getting a little confused and thinking if this is a laptop review guide or a Chromebook guide. Chill on guys, we are trying our best to bring you the best possible products and we research a lot to make a proper list for a dedicated purpose.
It is also pretty obvious that everybody won’t be interested in a Chromebook and Windows-based laptops are more common in the corporate and household world. If we talk about some of the best budget laptops that are suitable for online streaming and watching movies then we have to say that the Acer Aspire E5-576-392H is a pretty brilliant choice.
5. LG Gram IPS Ultra-Lightweight Laptop
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
- 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8565U Processor 1.8GHz
- 256GB M.2 SATA Solid State Drive
- With Backlit Keyboard and Fingerprint Reader
- 17 Inch WQXGA (2560 x 1600) IPS Display Ultra Thin and Light, 2.95 lbs
In the market usually, a 17-inch laptop is not much welcomed keeping in mind its size and lack of portability. But recently LG gram 17 has proven itself by standing out and providing some great features in this regard.
The simple yet outstanding design speaks of itself as soon as you hold it. Lg gram 17 is probably the lightest and most portable in comparison to all other 17-inch laptops in the market. It’s even lighter than the MacBook pro. So just imagine how easy is it to carry around while working on the go.
6. Dell Inspiron 15 5000
- 15.6" Touchscreen True-life LED-Backlit Full HD (1920 x 1080) Display; Intel Integrated 620 Graphics
- 8th Gen Intel Quad Core i5-8250U Processor (1.6GHz, up to 3.4GHz, 6MB Cache), beating i7-7500U in performance by an average of 26% according to tests from external websites
- 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM, 1TB SATA hard drive
- Backlit Keyboard; 802.11 Dual Band Wireless-AC + Bluetooth 4.2, Integrated Widescreen HD Webcam
- 2x USB 3.1, 1x USB 2.0, 1x HDMI, Stereo Speakers with MaxxAudio Pro Audio Processing, Windows 10 Home (64-bit); Color: silver
The Dell Inspiron 5000 laptop may seem quite expensive for watching movies. However, it proves worthy of a great buy due to its decent movie supportive features. This laptop comes with an Intel Core i7 processor for smooth performance.
This Dell laptop model features a 15.6 – inch full HD display that has a quite high resolution with touchscreen functionality. The touchscreen functionality allows convenient scrolling and easy access to functions like the Play, Pause, Rewind, and fast forward. 5treaming movies from the internet is quite efficient on the laptop has it comes with Wi-Fi 802.11A promoting fast internet connection.
7. Lenovo Flex 15 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop
- ENTERTAINMENT POWERHOUSE: Laptop features a Full HD (15.6") IPS touchscreen display, bezels on only two sides of the screen to maximize your viewing experience.
- FLEXIBILITY TO FIT YOUR LIFESTYLE - With a 360 degree hinge, this Lenovo Flex 15 2-in-1 convertible laptop allows you to easily flip easily flip it into tablet mode for browsing the web, or stream a TV show in tent mode.
- POWERFUL PROCESSING - Featuring an 8th Gen Intel processor and a 256GB PCIe SSD, you'll enjoy lightning fast boot-ups and transfer times on this 2-in-1 laptop computer/tablet combination.
- A LAPTOP THAT CAN KEEP UP WITH YOU - With an all-day battery life, this laptop computer will help you stay focused on the things that matter. Battery - up to 10.5 hours
- WHO NEEDS PASSWORDS? - Log in to your Flex 15 instantly and securely with our fingerprint reader, making passwords a thing of the past.
If you really like the 2-in-1 laptops, this other Lenovo is a good cheaper alternative.
The previous Lenovo I featured—the Flex 15—offers this feature and a newer processor, but since the difference between the i5 and i7 is barely noticeable, you can save extra $100 for a 2-in-1 with the older i5 processor.
It can only last for 5.5 hours, so you might be able to watch an entire movie without connecting it only if your battery is almost full when you begin.
8. Lenovo Ideapad L340
- A new dimension of gaming performance awaits - with 9th-generation Intel Core i5 processors, the IdeaPad L340 gaming has the power you need to outshoot, outrun, and outsmart anyone. Includes 8GB DDR4 RAM and 512GB NVMe SSD
- Take it to the next level - With the latest NVIDIA GeForce Graphics behind you, you can tame the hottest titles with faster, smoother, and more power-efficient gameplay. Plus, the 15.6-Inch screen delivers a stunning full HD IPS Display with 1920 x 1080 resolution
- A portal to a new sound dimension - hardwired into every Idea Pad L340 gaming is advanced Dopoundsy audio technology. Take your mobile gaming experience to another dimension and have a real blast along the way
- Control your own fate - Game in 'quick' Mode or work in 'quiet' Mode. It's your call with a simple function setting that lets you shift gears between modes, instantly.
- Final product may vary slightly from image
Let’s open up our review of the top laptops for streaming with Lenovo Ideapad L340. It is another top-tier featured gaming laptop that is also regarded as one of the best laptops for streaming. If you are looking for a streaming laptop, this gaming laptop is o one of the best to let you feel the infinite power of performance along with its stylish design.
This Ideapad L340 lets you stream and enjoy the most smooth gameplay with its NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 GPU graphics card along with its mesmerizing full HD IPS display and 1920×1080 resolution 15’6 inch screen which may not be too much at its price. Still, you will surely go for it once you see its stylish blue core design and oriented performance.
Requirements for a Laptop for Video Editing:
- For editing videos, You need a powerful and good laptop at first.
- The laptop should have the best software for editing so that you can able to process high resolution files of videos.
- The processor of your laptop should be faster.
- The laptop you are using should be ideal for four cores or more.
- And at last, the laptop should have a good amount of SSD, RAM, and the power full graphic card.
Buying Guide: How to buy a Laptop for Streaming Video
These are some of the requirements for the laptop to edit the videos. Now let us look into the features we have to look to choose the best laptop. If you are leading in video editing then you have to spend some more money on the laptop. And for normal users you can have a basic laptop without any difficulty, you have to set some light effects and video adjustments, but it takes some more time.
So assuming your specifications you have to choose the best laptop. Most people face problems while choosing a laptop with less storage. For high quality video editing, the major part is a disk. Then you have to Look into significant video in HD quality. So for that quality videos, it takes some more space in stacking them. And also there are some problems with editing high quality videos, high quality graphics, and high speed processors.
- Powerful processor
If you choose the laptop with a powerful processor then the efforts you will spend in editing videos will be wasted. Because the processor inside the laptop will support advanced graphic cards, software editing, and some other editing essentials. Some of the software of hard-core video editings like Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere, and final cut will consume multiple cores of the processor and also they require hyper threading. So you have to choose the laptop which supports hyper threading with a multiple-core processor.
If you bother about the money then you can choose the laptop which is having an AMD processor. AMD is not as powerful as intel but it will be worth your money. It’s better to choose the laptops with Intel I7 so that you can improve your skills, and also you can switch to the robust processor. So that it will be best for tremendous 4k video editing.
- Top class Graphic card
Based on the power it consumes we have to choose the powerful graphic card so that it will be able to process the information quickly with some high quality pixels. For basic video editing, the new generation processors inbuilt graphic card is quite enough. For large video editing, it should have some dedicated hardware to accelerate the efficient use of graphic cards. So that it will be helpful if you have Grade A on your laptop for ultimate results.
- Heavy storage
Because you have to save a number of videos it consumes more space. So for that, you need a few gigabytes to run the laptop. And also you can return the video file to the external SSD. And then you can choose the low cost hard drive. If you want high performance then you have to choose the SSD for the best performance.
While editing videos If you don’t want to shut down the laptop in the middle of editing then you have to buy the laptop with a good amount of RAM. For heavy usage, you have to choose the RAM with a good amount. And for full HD video like 1920×1080, having 8GB to 12GB ram is quite enough. And for advanced video editing, you need to increase your RAM capacity or you can upgrade your laptop.
The display is one of the features you have to choose for a video editing laptop. For editing video, you need a proper and accurate display Colour with good resolution. For 4k video editing, it should have a 4k screen laptop. And 4k editing in normal 1080p screen will not be comfortable for editing. Because for 4k editing, it needs 3840×2160p but it has only 1920×1080p. So choose the right display while choosing the laptop for video editing.
These are some features you have to look for editing videos. And also you have to look into the connectivity while choosing the laptop.