Budget Laptops for Video Editing: People use laptops on a different basis which is based on their requirements. When we look into laptops for the purpose of editing videos the features and the applications will be different. Some of the laptops are specially designed for editing videos so that YouTuber, vloggers, and film editors can get a better experience. So Choosing the right product with the best equipment also matters in the performance of your work. Based on the technology you are using your project work will be determined.
If you choose the best editing laptop then the time you spent on editing images and in graphics will be decreased. And the thing is choosing the best laptop for video editing is also a difficult job. Because you also have to look at the processor speed and best amount of RAM. So that they will be capable of editing the videos of large files.
For laptops, video editing is the most penalizing task so that we can imagine how hard a task it will be for a laptop. So for easy search on the best laptop for editing videos here is the list to make it easy. For editing videos on the laptop, it should have some of the basic requirements. So before going to the list of best laptops for video editing let us look into the requirements.
Best 10 Budget Laptops for Video Editing 2021
1. Lenovo Ideapad L340
- A new dimension of gaming performance awaits - with 9th-generation Intel Core i5 processors, the IdeaPad L340 gaming has the power you need to outshoot, outrun, and outsmart anyone. Includes 8GB DDR4 RAM and 512GB NVMe SSD
- Take it to the next level - With the latest NVIDIA GeForce Graphics behind you, you can tame the hottest titles with faster, smoother, and more power-efficient gameplay. Plus, the 15.6-Inch screen delivers a stunning full HD IPS Display with 1920 x 1080 resolution
- A portal to a new sound dimension - hardwired into every Idea Pad L340 gaming is advanced Dopoundsy audio technology. Take your mobile gaming experience to another dimension and have a real blast along the way
- Control your own fate - Game in 'quick' Mode or work in 'quiet' Mode. It's your call with a simple function setting that lets you shift gears between modes, instantly.
- Final product may vary slightly from image
Lenovo IdeaPad L340 is a sleek and lightweight laptop that is well-known and highly recommended as the best budget friendly laptops for video editing. Well, it can The thin design and advanced specifications will blow your mind. All of these things arrive at a very reasonable price. Sounds good right?
Lenovo IdeaPad L340 provides a thin design with the latest features. Both of these things lack another expensive laptop.
If you are looking for the best laptop under 700 to run some famous video editing software such as After Effects, then Lenovo IdeaPad L340 is highly recommended for you. As this device ranks top among the best laptops for After Effects.
2. New Apple MacBook Pro
- Apple-designed M1 chip for a giant leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- Get more done with up to 20 hours of battery life, the longest ever in a Mac
- 8-core CPU delivers up to 2.8x faster performance to fly through workflows quicker than ever
- 8-core GPU with up to 5x faster graphics for graphics-intensive apps and games
- 16-core Neural Engine for advanced machine learning
- 8GB of unified memory so everything you do is fast and fluid
- Superfast SSD storage launches apps and opens files in an instant
- Active cooling system sustains incredible performance
- 13.3-inch Retina display with 500 nits of brightness for vibrant colors and incredible image detail
- FaceTime HD camera with advanced image signal processor for clearer, sharper video calls
Only pride would keep this machine off this list, even though it costs slightly more than $1000. For what it’s worth, it stands in this list as a symbolic representation for budget video editing laptops since it costs much less than its earlier models. If you are lusting after the Macbook Pro, but can’t quite budget it, this is a very good second option.
Performance-wise, it delivers just okay, which is a bit steep for its price. After all, we expect nothing less from Apple. It is a Y-Series Intel Core i5-8210Y CPU blessed with just 8GB of RAM, and while this looks very unimpressive in the written script, Apple rigged the processor to have short bursts of pleasing performance at lightning-fast speeds that peak at 3.6Ghz.
3. Acer Aspire 5
- 10th Generation Intel Core i5-1035G1 Processor (Up to 3.6GHz)| 8GB DDR4 Memory | 256GB NVMe SSD
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED backlit IPS Display | Intel UHD Graphics
- Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802.11ax | Backlit Keyboard | Fingerprint Reader | HD Webcam | Up to 8 Hours Battery Life
- 1 - USB 3.1 (Type-C) Gen 1 port (up to 5 Gbps), 2 - USB 3.1 Gen 1 Port (one with Power-off Charging), 1 - USB 2.0 Port & 1 - HDMI Port with HDCP Support
- Windows 10 Home
Acer Aspire 5 A515-55-56VK is a winner when it comes to a budget priced workhorse. The latest version of the laptop comes with Intel Core i5 10th Gen CPU that packs enough punch for CPU-intensive tasks like video editing.
While the build quality of the device is decent, the 15.6″ display offers good picture quality. It also features a fingerprint scanner on the touchpad and a backlit keyboard.
For storage, there is 8GB of RAM that is expandable and 256GB of SSD storage. It also offers plenty of I/O options, including a USB Type-C 3.1 port and WiFi 6.
4. New Dell XPS 4K UHD
- 15.6" 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) OLED InfinityEdge Anti-Reflective Non-Touch 100% DCI-P3 400-Nits display
- 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750H (12MB Cache, up to 4.5 GHz, 6 cores)
- 16GB DDR4-2666MHz, 2x8G, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
- It features Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 (2x2) and Bluetooth 5.0, 6-Cell, 97 WHr, Integrated battery, SD-card reader, HDMI v2.0 port, USB 3.1 Gen 1 port
- Backlit English Keyboard with Fingerprint Reader, Windows 10 Home with Shoxlab Accessories
A thin and light ultrabook and a powerful video editing laptop aren’t the words you often hear in the same sentence. But Dell has proved us wrong with their newly updated XPS laptops with 10th Gen Intel Processors. The new Dell XPS 15 weighs just 4 pounds, making it one of the lightest performance laptops. The range kicks off with a 10th Gen i5 Processor with four cores and can be configured up to 10th gen Intel i9 processor with eight cores.
Coming to the graphics, you get Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Ti as standard across the range, except for the base model. The GTX 1650Ti is neither the latest nor the most powerful GPU in the segment, but it can deliver satisfactory performance for editing on-the-go. That makes the Dell XPS 15 a perfect video editing and rendering machine for people who have to travel more often.
5. Lenovo Legion 5
- Welcome to the next generation of gaming performance with the AMD Ryzen 7 4800H mobile processor, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, and 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD storage
- Enjoy fast refresh and deep colors with a 144 Hz refresh rate and outstanding clarity on a 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS display
- The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti GPU is a blazing-fast supercharger for your favorite games and the newest titles
- Get maximum performance via Dual Burn Support, which pushes the CPU and GPU together for improved framerates, and Legion Coldfront 2.0 for thermal tuning
- The Legion TrueStrike keyboard with soft-landing switches delivers hair-trigger inputs
Honestly, for a video editor, the sub-$1000 price tag seems a bit underwhelming considering studio-grade inclinations. However, if you still want to get the best bang for the buck without cutting a lot of corners, the new Lenovo Legion 5 is the perfect laptop to invest in.
For the given price range, the AMD Ryzen 7 4800H CPU is a virtual steal. At par with the 9th gen Intel Core i7 processors, the existing mobile SoC boasts exceptional single and multithreaded performances. At 4.2GHz, the boosted clock speed, along with the octa-core architecture, allows you to work with almost every video editing software solution in the market, including Filmora, Premiere Pro, Pinnacle Studio, and more.
6. ASUS TUF FX505DT
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB graphics (base: 1395MHz, Boost: 1560MHz, TDP: 50W)
- Quad-core AMD Ryzen 5 r5-3550h processor
- 15.6” 120Hz full HD (1920x1080) IPS-type display
- 256GB NVMe SSD | 8GB DDR4 RAM | Windows 10 Home
- Gigabit wave 2 Wi-Fi 5 (802.11AC)
- Durable gaming laptop with MIL-STD-810 military standard construction
- Dual fans with anti-dust technology | RGB backlit Keyboard rated for 20-million keystroke durability
There’s no doubt that the Republic of Gamers series of laptops by ASUS is their top-of-the-line offering, for both video editing and gaming. But for those who can’t afford it, the TUF models could be a good alternative. They’re pretty cheap, yet come with a good choice of components and excellent build quality.
To begin with, in the TUF FX505DT you will find a quad-core Ryzen 5 3550H processor. It’s a very respectable CPU that should hold its weight when you’re editing videos on it. It’s paired with Nvidia’s 4GB GTX1650 graphics card, to ensure a smooth experience even if you’re editing higher resolution video.
7. ASUS VivoBook 15
- 15.6 inch Full HD (1920x1080) 4-way NanoEdge bezel display with a stunning 88% screen-to-body ratio
- Compatible with Google Classroom; run Google Classroom on Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11
- Latest 10th Gen Intel Core i3-1005G1 CPU (4M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz)
- 8 GB DDR4 RAM and 128 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- Ergonomic backlit keyboard with fingerprint sensor activated via Windows Hello
- Exclusive Ergolift design for an improved typing position
- Comprehensive connections including USB 3.2 Type-C, USB 3.2 Type-A, USB 2.0, and HDMI; Gigabit Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) (USB Transfer speed may vary. Learn more at ASUS website)
- Windows 10 in S mode exclusively runs apps from the Microsoft Store. To install an app that isn't available in the Microsoft Store, simply switch out of S mode in three easy steps. There's no charge to switch out of S mode
The ASUS F512JA-AS34 VivoBook 15 is a heaven-sent laptop if you have been looking for great power at low prices on a laptop. While you are likely to find certified refurbished models of the laptop, you can rest assured that very few laptops will have specifications close to the Vivobook 15 and at the same price.
The Asus Vivo book 15 runs on the latest 10th Gen Intel Core i3-1005G1 CPU. The CPU can be boosted up to 3.4 GHz. It also comes with a 4M cache which makes it perfect for creative tasks such as video editing. The Vivobook 15 also features an Ergolift design for an improved typing position
Requirements for a Laptop for Video Editing
- For editing videos, You need a powerful and good laptop at first.
- The laptop should have the best software for editing so that you can able to process high resolution files of videos.
- The processor of your laptop should be faster.
- The laptop you are using should be ideal for four cores or more.
- And at last, the laptop should have a good amount of SSD, RAM, and the power full graphic card.
How to select the best laptops for video editing under 1000 dollars
These are some of the requirements for the laptop to edit the videos. Now let us look into the features we have to look to choose the best laptop. If you are leading in video editing then you have to spend some more money on the laptop. And for normal users you can have a basic laptop without any difficulty, you have to set some light effects and video adjustments, but it takes some more time.
So assuming your specifications you have to choose the best laptop. Most people face problems while choosing a laptop with less storage. For high quality video editing, the major part is a disk. Then you have to Look into significant video in HD quality. So for that quality videos, it takes some more space in stacking them. And also there are some problems with editing high quality videos, high quality graphics, and high speed processors.
- Powerful Processor
If you choose the laptop with a powerful processor then the efforts you will spend in editing videos will be wasted. Because the processor inside the laptop will support advanced graphic cards, software editing, and some other editing essentials. Some of the software of hard-core video editings like Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere, and final cut will consume multiple cores of the processor and also they require hyper threading. So you have to choose the laptop which supports hyper threading with a multiple core processor.
If you bother about the money then you can choose the laptop which is having an AMD processor. AMD is not as powerful as intel but it will be worth your money. It’s better to choose the laptops with Intel I7 so that you can improve your skills, and also you can switch to the robust processor. So that it will be best for tremendous 4k video editing.
- Top class Graphic card
Based on the power it consumes we have to choose the powerful graphic card so that it will be able to process the information quickly with some high quality pixels. For basic video editing, the new generation processors inbuilt graphic card is quite enough. For large video editing, it should have some dedicated hardware to accelerate the efficient use of graphic cards. So that it will be helpful if you have Grade A on your laptop for ultimate results.
- Heavy storage
Because you have to save a number of videos it consumes more space. So for that, you need a few gigabytes to run the laptop. And also you can return the video file to the external SSD. And then you can choose the low cost hard drive. If you want high performance then you have to choose the SSD for the best performance.
While editing videos If you don’t want to shut down the laptop in the middle of editing then you have to buy the laptop with a good amount of RAM. For heavy usage, you have to choose the RAM with a good amount. And for full HD video like 1920×1080, having 8GB to 12GB ram is quite enough. And for advanced video editing, you need to increase your RAM capacity or you can upgrade your laptop.
The display is one of the features you have to choose for a video editing laptop. For editing video, you need a proper and accurate display Colour with good resolution. For 4k video editing, it should have a 4k screen laptop. And 4k editing in normal 1080p screen will not be comfortable for editing. Because for 4k editing, it needs 3840×2160p but it has only 1920×1080p. So choose the right display while choosing the laptop for video editing.
These are some features you have to look for editing videos. And also you have to look into the connectivity while choosing the laptop.
- By improving ventilation
By performing software optimization
By doing hardware upgrades
- There are many factors that you should take into account while choosing the ideal laptop for video editing. For instance, it should be 8 or 32 GB RAM, A multi-core Intel i5 or i9 processor, storage of 256 GB Hard Drive, SSD is preferred, etc.
- Dell XPS 15
HP Spectre x360 15
Acer Predator Hellos 300
Surface Book 2
- Yes, if a laptop has good specifications then it can be used as a great device for video editing.
- Some of the best video editing laptops on a cheap budget are listed below:
ASUS X555QA Laptop
Dell Inspiron 15.6”
ASUS Chromebook Flip C302
- Yes, there are many people who use their gaming laptops for their video editing work. Gaming laptops are equipped with Good RAM and Storage. Thus they can easily run video editing software.
- Yes, for basic video editing tasks you can use Core i5. But i7 is a better choice.
- If you want to do HD video editing at 720 or 1080p files then 8GB RAM is enough for you.