Honeywell Thermostat Reset: Do you have a Honeywell thermostat in your home? If you answered yes, then this guide will specifically assist you in resolving a variety of issues, including malfunctioning and high electricity bills. I am one of those people who, when leaving the house or hurrying to get to work, forgets to turn off the thermostat. I’m well aware that leaving my thermostat on all day will burn a hole in my pocket, but I can’t stop myself.
I have two kids that I have to drop off at school every morning, and in the midst of accomplishing all I need to do, I forget to turn off a lot of electronics. My children arrive home before my wife and myself, and they have developed a nasty habit of rushing to the HVAC system. While watching cartoons in the living room, they frequently change the temperature of the room. I didn’t notice any changes in my electricity costs for the first few months, but after six months, my bill had doubled. Looking over the bills, I was taken aback and began to investigate further.
Later, I discovered that this was caused by a problem with my Honeywell thermostat Opens in a new tab. I began looking for troubleshooting to restore it to its previous state. After two days of investigation, I was able to figure out exactly how to remedy this. The only thing I had to do was reset my Honeywell Thermostat to factory settings, or default settings, as the case may be. I did it, and now I’m proud of myself. Many of you may be experiencing the same issue, so I decided to compile all of my research into this article about how to reset all Honeywell thermostat types.
Let’s begin with my personal favourite, the Honeywell 9000.
Thermostat Honeywell Home 9000 Series and Vision Pro
Opens in a new tab this WIFI-enabled thermostat. is outfitted with a slew of functions and capabilities that you wouldn’t expect to find in a thermostat. Smart response technology, which automatically calculates if your home requires cooling or heating, is one of my favourite features. Another feature, the 7-day programmable option, can assist you in programming your thermostat while on vacation or holiday with your family.
Aside from these capabilities, there are a number of others, such as an auto daylight adjustment feature for power savings, a 12/24 hour setting modify, and several language options to set your thermostat in the language of your choice. The Honeywell Home 9000 can be operated with your voice, and it’s compatible with some of the top home automation systems.
Honeywell 9000 series with Vision Pro compatibility
- Google Home
- Google Assistant
What other features do you look for in a thermostat? I don’t think I need any more compatibility. However, this is not the end of its features. If you’re not at home when something goes wrong with your thermostat, don’t worry; you’ll get a notification on your smartphone as soon as something goes wrong. Isn’t that all we require? This thermostat is available for purchase on Amazon. This link will open in a new tab.
What is the procedure for resetting the Honeywell 9000 series thermostat?
- You must begin by pressing the MENU key.
- Go to PREFERENCES now.
- Select the “RESTORE TO FACTORY DEFAULT” option from the drop-down menu.
- To finalise the factory reset, select YES.
Your thermostat has been reset, and everything is back to normal.
Honeywell Thermostat Series 8000
Today, who doesn’t want a touchscreen system? Honeywell’s 8000 series will not let you down. It sports a 10-inch touchscreen LCD display and runs on four AA batteries. This thermostat’s efficiency and longevity are outstanding, and it is well worth purchasing. You may even programme the thermostat to operate differently on different days of the week. So, from Monday through Friday, programme it differently, and on Saturdays and Sundays, programme it differently since you’ll be spending time with your family and everyone will be in the house. Smart response technology knows how long it takes to reach a specific temperature and adapts appropriately.
What is the procedure for resetting a Honeywell 8000 Series Thermostat?
This series’ reset procedure differs slightly from the preceding one. Let’s take a look at the steps:
- Select “SYSTEM” from the drop-down menu.
- To receive the required option, you must now hold the centre button for a few settings.
- Click on “Reset to factory settings” when you see it.
- The thermostat will re-start, and there you have it! The temperature in your home has returned to normal.
Honeywell Thermostat Series 7000
This series of thermostats are also programmable and features a touchscreen LCD display. The screen is not coloured, but all of the functionality are set up for a week. Honeywell thermostats from the 7000 series are not compatible since they do not support voice control. Smart response learning, on the other hand, takes care of the heating and cooling functions.
Honeywell 7000 series thermostat compatibility
- Heating and cooling in a single stage
- Heating and cooling in multiple stages.
- a fireplace (warm air)
- Central air conditioning is available.
- Heating is the only option.
- Only cooling
- Without additional heat, a heat pump is used.
- Auxiliary heat is provided by a heat pump.
- Baseboard heating is provided by electricity.
- Fireplaces that run on gas
- Water that is extremely hot
What is the Procedure for Resetting a Honeywell 7000 Series Thermostat?
- Turn your thermostat off.
- Go to the circuit breaker and turn it off now.
- Remove the thermostat and the two AAA batteries it contains.
- Now reverse the battery, putting the negative on the positive side and the positive on the negative side.
- Remove the batteries after 5-10 seconds of being in this position.
- Make sure the batteries are in the right place.
- THE DISPLAY IS GOING TO BE TURNED ON.
- Go ahead and turn on the circuit breaker.
Voila! Your thermostat has reverted to its original settings. Check the user manual here if you have any trouble following these procedures.
Honeywell Thermostat 6000 Series
This thermostat series is Wi-Fi enabled, and you can quickly connect it to the internet by entering your email address on the Honeywell registration website. Once you’ve signed up, you’ll be able to control your thermostat from anywhere using your laptop or smartphone. You can hover over multiple options and the user interface is quite good.
Honeywell 6000 thermostat compatibility
- Heat pumps of all kinds
- Heating and cooling with hydronic and multistage systems
- Central air conditioning is available.
- If you have any questions concerning your heating and cooling system, you can always go to our help page or use the live chat feature.
What is the Procedure for Resetting a Honeywell 6000 Series Thermostat?
- Press and hold the FAN button. Without releasing the FAN button, press and hold the UP arrow button.
- Hold both buttons down for 5-10 seconds.
- Now hit the first button from the right after releasing both buttons.
- Hold the button down until the number 39 appears on the screen.
- Using the DOWN arrow keys, reduce the number to 0.
- When you press DONE, the WiFi setup will blink at the top of the screen.
Now that your thermostat has been reset, you can connect to the internet and customise it. And the other series are 4000 and 2000.